A North American tree with compound leaves and dense hanging clusters of fragrant white flowers, widely grown as an ornamental.
- Robinia pseudoacacia, family Leguminosae
More example sentences
- They both include a number of trees and mature shrubbery, including the protected false acacia.
- Beekeepers producing honey from the flowers of false acacias are panicking about the possibility that the trees may soon be regulated as an exotic species.
- Locust trees, or false acacias, also present imputrecible (rot-proof) characteristics and have the distinctive particularity to grow several shoots when they are cut to the stump, thus greatly facilitating their culture.
More definitions of false acaciaDefinition of false acacia in:
- The US English dictionary