- Colour added during the processing of a photographic or computer image to aid interpretation of the subject: the map is shown in false colour [count noun]: the camera records each element in a false colour corresponding to distanceMore example sentences
- Fluorescent images were captured by cooled CCD camera, assigned false color, and manipulated uniformly in Adobe Photoshop.
- The software added false color to reflect the contribution that any given part of the surface made to a small region surrounding each of the two dominant peaks in reciprocal space.
- It lends the photos a quality that I'm finding hard to put into words, other than that somehow, these places seem far more expressive in false colour than in reality.
More definitions of false colourDefinition of false colour in:
- The US English dictionary