- A test result which wrongly indicates that a particular condition or attribute is absent: it’s possible to have a false negative—the test says you aren’t pregnant when you are [as modifier]: premature assessments may give false negative resultsMore example sentences
- From my own site's statistics, that figure is a refreshing 99.22%, with 0.26% false positives and 0.52% false negatives.
- Some parents who receive false negative results experience anger, and some have planned to take legal action.
- To account for the possiblity of false negatives, a test should be done more than 3 months after exposure.
More definitions of false negativeDefinition of false negative in:
- The US English dictionary