- A minute arachnid which has pincers but no long abdomen or sting, occurring abundantly in leaf litter. Also called pseudoscorpion.
More example sentences
- Order Pseudoscorpiones
- Arachnids also include a number of less familiar taxa: Opiliones (harvestmen or daddy-longlegs); Thelyphonida (whip-scorpions); Pseudoscorpiones (false scorpions); and many others.
- The false scorpions are small (usually less than 5 mm), brownish arachnids with large pincer-like pedipalps and flattened body.
- Pseudoscorpions, literally 'false scorpions', are small (most are about 1/5 inch long) and reddish or brown. They have oval, flattened bodies with two conspicuous pedipalps (pincer-like appendages).
More definitions of false scorpionDefinition of false scorpion in:
- The US English dictionary