Definition of fame in English:
The state of being known by many people: the song’s success rocketed him to stardom and fame
More example sentences
- Despite the fame and the globetrotting, the couple's domestic existence is reassuringly familiar.
- She is enjoying the fame, and the increase in attention hasn't impinged too badly on her time.
- But eventually the fame had become too much, and I believe he had turned to drugs to escape.
of —— fame
- Having a particular famous association; famous for having or being ——: the village is the birthplace of Mrs Beeton, of cookery fameMore example sentences
- Mojave Aerospace Ventures is funded by one of the most famous names in the computer world, Paul Allen of Microsoft fame.
- The show was screened around the world and starred David Schwimmer of Friends fame and British actor Damian Lewis.
- After their huge success on the TV show Reborn in the USA, Tony Hadley of Spandau Ballet fame and Peter Cox, with his band Go West, are joining together to embark on a national tour.