- 1 Medicine A brief spontaneous contraction affecting a small number of muscle fibres, often causing a flicker of movement under the skin.More example sentences
- The affected muscles show fasciculations that are rippling contractions seen through the skin or in the tongue.
- Shortly into my neurophysiological assessment, normally recruiting muscles confirmed a diagnosis of benign fasciculations.
- Clinically, there was no muscle atrophy, pain, or fasciculation; a muscle biopsy showed only mild myofiber atrophy.
- 2 [mass noun] chiefly Biology Arrangement in bundles.More example sentences
- This phenotype may be the result of defective interaxon communication that obstructs axon extension or fasciculation in the longitudinal pathways.
- It is important to note that the aberrant projections do not seem to result from fasciculation defects or growth impairments.
More definitions of fasciculationDefinition of fasciculation in:
- The US English dictionary