1A woman’s light, decorative headpiece consisting of feathers, flowers, beads, etc. attached to a comb or hair clip.
- The stewards were not even opening the gates, but before 10.30 am the coach parks were full of fascinators, full morning suits and bus spotters.
- I made a bunch of feathered fascinators the other day.
- A huge amount of work has gone on behind the scenes, to which we ought to doff our hat, whether it be a topper, a fascinator or a baseball cap.
2A fascinating person.
- She was under the impression that she was a fascinator.
- Her currency and collateral is all invested in that optimum opportunistic split-second of youth, and she has none of the sexpertise that sees many fascinators well into old age.
- It is a performance that convinces you it is wrong to play the part as though the men's perceptions of her as a destructive fascinator were self-evidently correct.
Words that rhyme with fascinatorcater, crater, creator, curator, data, debater, delator, dumbwaiter, equator, freighter, frustrater, gaiter, grater, gyrator, hater, later, legator, mater, negator, pater, peseta, plater, rotator, skater, slater, stater, tater, traitor, ultimata, understater, upstater, waiter
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: fas¦cin|ator
Definition of fascinator in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.