- 1A person who dresses very fashionably.More example sentences
- Until her death at age 74, ‘she continued to dress like a fashion plate and apply her dramatic Cleopatra makeup,’ he says.
- You weren't exactly a fashion plate, but who cared?
- It's not like I'm a fashion plate by any means, but they are.
- 2A picture, typically in a magazine, illustrating a new or current fashion in clothes.More example sentences
- At that time, the first fashion magazines, highlighting creations for royal courtiers, appeared and the fashion plate, or picture dedicated to showing the very latest mode, came into existence.
- Then she turned her attention back to the colorful fashion plates in the magazine.
- It was common for dresses to be made to the client's own patterns; they saw fashion dolls from Paris, and fashion plates in the ladies' magazines, which they copied.
More definitions of fashion plateDefinition of fashion plate in:
- The US English dictionary