- A neutron with high kinetic energy, especially one released by nuclear fission and not slowed by any moderator.More example sentences
- They'd worked with slow neutrons instead of fast neutrons.
- The normalizing factor for exposure to alpha particles is 20, for thermal neutrons is two, for fast neutrons is 10, for protons is 10, and for beta particles is one.
- Mutation rates after low linear energy transfer radiation, such as X rays, rays, and fast neutrons, have been extensively studied in plants.
More definitions of fast neutronDefinition of fast neutron in:
- The US English dictionary