- 1Causing death: a fatal accidentMore example sentences
- But we know they are carrying a deadly parasite which has proved fatal to two species.
- The result would be fatal to most motorists as vehicles are likely to be damaged.
- This protects the foliage from cold and wind damage as even the walk between shop and car can be fatal to tender plants.
- 1.1Leading to failure or disaster: there were three fatal flaws in the strategyMore example sentences
- However, a couple of fatal flaws in an otherwise solid defence proved costly.
- It's a fatal flaw in what otherwise has the makings of an entertainingly quirky show.
- However, when I'd finished the process I discovered a fatal flaw in the new software.
- More example sentences
- This is as fatally dangerous as saying that nothing can be done about the character of globalization.
- Without a doubt, if it had hit us we would have been seriously injured, if not fatally injured.
- I, along with many others rushed outside to discover that two police officers had been fatally shot and wounded.
late Middle English (in the senses 'destined by fate' and 'ominous'): from Old French, or from Latin fatalis, from fatum (see fate).