Definition of fattism in English:
Prejudice or discrimination against people who are fat.
- As for you studios, one tip: there's a fair bit of fattism, ageism, gratuitous violence, sexism and sheer bland awfulness on that nominee list too.
- While sexism, ageism and racism have all become social no-nos, fattism remains a perfectly acceptable prejudice.
- I hate that you have the ear of 10 percent of the nation when you make your horrible statements showing your fatism… encouraging others in insulting and disrespecting fat people.
- 1fattist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- I wonder what the BBC's PC Thought Police would make of such ‘fattist’ language?
- Although he's been accused of being ‘fattist’, for once the president has a point.
- Well, that's how I misread it, and I thought it explained quite well why this German gal is losing weight to marry her charming fatist man.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.