- 1With approval: the audience responded very favourablyMore example sentences
- Mr Morris, however, is now progressing favourably.
- Both have similar favourable ratings, with slightly more than half of voters viewing each favourably.
- He is the author of a great number of serious historical works, most of which have been favourably received.
- 2To the advantage of someone or something: the deal will work out favourably for the companyMore example sentences
- In the Department Stores sector, the leading Irish stores compare favourably with their UK counterparts.
- We should thereby draw public opinion more favorably towards Islam.
- Served in the sumptuous dining room, dinner here compares favourably with anything you'll find in Scotland's top restaurants.