An echinoderm (marine invertebrate) with a small disc-like body, long feathery arms for feeding and movement, and short appendages for grasping the surface.
- Order Comatulida, class Crinoidea
More example sentences
- After scaling a sea fan, the feather star might stay for a while, hanging on by means of tiny hooks called cirri.
- Deep sea denizens such as the feather star inhabit caves in the wall.
- I see utterly different creatures - prickly sea urchins, sausage-like bêche de mer, sea stars, brittle stars, and feather stars - and find science has discovered their close relationship within the phylum of the Echinoderms.
Definition of feather star in:
- The US English dictionary