Definition of federacy in English:
noun (plural federacies)
1A group of states with a central government but independence in internal affairs; a federation.
- There were several large districts possessed by the Federacy as appendages.
- A federacy might be an imaginative solution to this problem.
- A republican federacy could be formed out of the provinces of the defunct monarchy.
1.1 [mass noun] The state of being joined by a treaty.
- The maintenance of peace and order and justice between states bound in federacy.
- Federacy is a constitutionalized extension of the principle of home rule that provides adequate guarantees to the weaker entity.
- Being multilingual, it tests many of the problems of world federacy.
Definition of federacy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.