Definition of feminist in English:
A person who supports feminism.
- What are we as British feminists doing to support the right of all women to freedom from violence?
- If it is the latter, the French feminists who support the ban have a point.
- There's a bit of a debate going on in feminist blogging circles about feminists, women and the left.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or supporting feminism: feminist literature
More example sentences
- In it, she examined the kinds of arguments heard to support and attack feminist positions.
- This collection of essays brings together a number of major feminist critics of early modern literature.
- I am still learning about this, so I am not an authority on feminist intellectualism.
Late 19th century: from French féministe, from Latin femina 'woman'.
Words that rhyme with feministStalinist • Hellenist
Definition of feminist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.