(US also fermentor)
Definition of fermenter in English:
1A container in which fermentation takes place.
- There are temperature controlled fermenters and storage tanks, and good new oak barrels for maturation.
- They included missile components, reactor vessel and fermenters - the latter required for the production of chemical and biological warheads.
- They've replaced wooden fermenters and lagering vessels with stainless steel.
1.1An organism which causes fermentation.
- However, change was found among strains of S. dysenteriae type I as non-lactose fermenter became lactose fermenter.
- By definition, foregut fermentors comprise animals with a pregastric fermentation chambers such as the rumen, reticulum, and omasum of ruminants and diverticula or fermentative sacs of other ruminant-like mammals.
Definition of fermenter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.