Definition of fervent in English:
1Having or displaying a passionate intensity: a fervent supporter of the revolution
More example sentences
- The sheer reverence and admiration for these legends could be readily manipulated into fervent nationalist passion.
- For them, there was only one prerequisite to opening a dancehall: a fervent passion for music and entertainment.
- But, dressed in yellow, she led her musicians with a fervent intensity.
impassioned, passionate, intense, vehement, ardent, sincere, feeling, profound, deep-seated, heartfelt, deeply felt, emotional, animated, spirited;
enthusiastic, zealous, fanatical, wholehearted, avid, eager, earnest, keen, committed, dedicated, devout
British informal keen as mustard
- Example sentences
- He has succeeded in expressing the fervency and zeal both of the minister and his congregation.
- Bernard was not content with careful exegesis and orthodox doctrine - there is also an unusual fervency and passion in the sermons.
- Well, Sontag points to the ‘passionate bleakness’ of ‘a restless, chronically dissatisfied mind’ that offers us ‘moral fervency and gifts of compassion’.
Words that rhyme with ferventobservant, servant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.