Definition of festal in English:
Relating to or characteristic of a celebration or festival: plum pudding was originally served on festal days as a main course
More example sentences
- In the congregation assembled for worship, these two movements meet, and the heavenly angels join the children of God in festal celebration.
- And the whole celebration will be rounded off at 6pm with a festal Eucharist in the parish church.
- There is no more melancholy spectacle than a festal hall, the morning after the banquet, when the guests have departed and the lights are extinguished.
- Example sentences
- But what good was it to our festally excited ancestors to. have their attention absorbed?
- The chapel bell on the engine sounded most festally that sunny Sunday.
Words that rhyme with festalvestal
Definition of festal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia