- A cell in connective tissue which produces collagen and other fibres.More example sentences
- Collagen is synthesized by fibroblasts, the living cells present in all connective tissue, so named because they generate fibres - of collagen.
- Its primary function is at sites of inflammation, where it is produced in macrophages, fibroblasts, and synovial cells.
- A dense band of fibroblasts, collagen fibers, proteoglycans, and occasional mast cells encase the granuloma.
More definitions of fibroblastDefinition of fibroblast in:
- The US English dictionary