Definition of fibrosarcoma in English:
noun (plural fibrosarcomas or fibrosarcomata ˌfʌɪbrəʊsɑːˈkəʊmətə)Medicine
A sarcoma in which the predominant cell type is a malignant fibroblast.
- Unclassifiable spindle cell sarcoma, fibrosarcoma, or malignant fibrohistiocytoma may resemble the spindle cell areas of angiosarcoma.
- Foci of malignant spindle cells representing fibrosarcoma were also identified.
- Malignant fibrous histiocytomas and fibrosarcomas do not contain osteoid or bone and are typically high-grade lesions.
- 1fibrosarcomatous adjective
- Example sentences
- Beneath the capsule, and infiltrating between the Hurthle cell cords and follicles, we identified a proliferation of a second population of atypical spindle cells in a fibrosarcomatous pattern.
- To the best of our knowledge, this case represents the first report of a cellular fibrothecomatous tumor with minor benign sex cord elements and focal fibrosarcomatous stroma.
- Based on the histologic and immunophenotypic features of the fibrosarcomatous components of both the breast and thyroid tumors, we rendered a diagnosis of cystosarcoma phyllodes metastatic to Hurthle cell adenoma.
Definition of fibrosarcoma in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.