Definition of fibrosis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The thickening and scarring of connective tissue, usually as a result of injury.
- If infection and inflammation continue, fibrosis, or tissue scarring, occurs.
- Asbestosis is the interstitial pneumonitis and fibrosis caused by inhalation of asbestos fibers.
- Fine crackles are heard with pulmonary edema, pneumonia and pulmonary fibrosis.
- Example sentences
- Histologic examination shows folded and fibrotic visceral pleura with atelectasis and variable amounts of chronic inflammation in the adjacent lung parenchyma.
- For the analysis of bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis, the fibrotic responses of the lung were scored as previously reported.
- Oral submucous fibrosis is a pre-malignant fibrotic condition of the mouth that exhibits excessive collagen production.