A European cricket that lives in a burrow in grassland and has a musical bird-like chirp.
- Gryllus campestris, family Gryllidae
More example sentences
- For example, the sand field cricket and the southeastern field cricket look nearly identical and inhabit the same geographical areas.
- Although cave crickets might look similar to the field cricket, they are from a different family.
- But we did capture and identify countless leafhoppers, field crickets, earwigs and cabbage butterflies.
Definition of field cricket in:
- The US English dictionary