noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A tropical disease caused by the presence of filarial worms, especially in the lymph vessels where heavy infestation can result in elephantiasis.More example sentences
- Malaria, filariasis, and dengue fever are the three major causes of morbidity and mortality in developing countries.
- At a time when diseases spread by mosquitoes such as dengue fever and filariasis are on the increase, the experts' warning is alarming.
- Lack of awareness regarding all vector-borne diseases like filariasis is the major bottleneck in the promotion of such schemes.
More definitions of filariasisDefinition of filariasis in:
- The US English dictionary