Definition of filtrate in English:
A liquid which has passed through a filter.
- During the gravity filtration the filtrate passes through the filter medium under the combined forces of gravity and capillary attraction between the liquid and the funnel stem.
- Then a clear filtrate with no cells or bacteria was used to inoculate another chicken, which would then develop a tumor.
- In the majority of the studies we reviewed, the material administered to the animal was the dried filtrate of a water extract that had been prepared from dried leaves.
verb[with object] rare Back to top
Filter: the remaining alkali is filtrated
More example sentences
- Sperm were filtrated and stained on the filter.
- It is more normally used to filtrate drinking water and in small amounts is not harmful.
- Shrugging, the teen walked over to the window above the sink: some light had managed to filtrate between the cobwebs and the dust.
Definition of filtrate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia