Definition of finalize in English:
Complete or agree on a finished and definitive version of: efforts intensified to finalize plans for post-war reconstruction
More example sentences
- An hour later, we finished finalizing Maria's plans.
- There is still another week of negotiation to finalize the plan of action that is to be agreed upon in Johannesburg.
- As next Monday's opening ceremony approaches, organizers have intensified efforts to finalize their preparation for the grand event.
conclude, complete, bring to a conclusion, clinch, settle, establish, work out, resolve, decide, secure, tie up, wrap up, put the finishing touches to, set the seal on, seal, confirm;
negotiate, broker, reach (an) agreement on, agree on, come to terms on, reach terms on, shake hands on
- Example sentences
- In the north of Bulgaria, a very large investment is close to reaching finalisation.
- We don't have the benefit of previewing and adjusting our layouts before considering them acceptable for finalization.
- Those planning the summit hope it will result in the finalization of the peace initiative that the two men have been working on over the past year.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.