- 1Relating to finance: an independent financial adviserMore example sentences
- For personal finances we have a financial adviser who helps me and my wife keep on top of things.
- The decision, widely expected by economists, had little impact on the financial markets.
- Try to calculate how much more interest you may earn over the course of a year, or ask your financial adviser.
noun(financials) Back to top
- 1The finances or financial situation of an organization or individual: he needs to pay serious attention to his financials, particularly cash flowMore example sentences
- On Jan. 31, it issued new financials showing fiscal 2004 stock options costing $38 million, a drop of more than $20 million.
- The glimpse into the company's financials, released on Apr. 29, reveals one certainty: There's plenty of money to be made in the search game.
- Many organizations with excellent accounting records and capable staff still rely on their auditors for the preparation of the year-end financials, if only for efficiency.
- 1.1Shares in financial companies: at the end of the year fund managers sell their worst-performing stocks—and financials have fared badly this yearMore example sentences
- In London, a swathe of heavyweight companies slumped, with telecoms, oil, financials and defence stocks among those hit.
- The sector had high weightings in financials at around 26.6% and low weightings in telecom stocks of 6.2%.
- Unsurprisingly, our preferred method of stock screening throws out a large number of Irish and British financials that pay annual dividends in excess of prevailing cash deposit rates.
- [as submodifier]: she was financially dependent on her husbandMore example sentences
- For a few months after I first moved in, I let one of the bedrooms out to a student just to help out financially.
- I wanted to meet someone socially and financially on an equal footing to me.
- They have excellent facilities, they are very well managed financially, very sound.