Definition of fine leg in English:
1A fielding position behind the batsman on the leg side, between long leg and square leg.
- But the first indication of the manner in which he rattled the Pakistanis came when they sent four fielders, stationed at fine leg, square leg, long-on and long-off, to the ropes.
- Rudolph had moved on to 96 when some good fielding at short fine leg found him slipping as he tried to recover his ground, only to be run out four short of the hundred.
- In India, off his hips, thighs and toes, to square or fine leg, he flicked with the best of them.
1.1A fielder at fine leg.
- Swing he did but only as high down to fine leg, where Dilley, glancing down swiftly to make sure his feet were firmly inside the boundary line, judged a difficult catch to perfection.
- A great catch at short fine leg saw the end of Bodi having scored 47 off 43 balls to leave the Titans 18 runs short of the win.
- The increasingly desperate Gillespie chucks in a bouncer, but it sits up nicely, allowing Trescothick to swat it to fine leg for four.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan