- A small bowl containing water for rinsing the fingers during or after a meal.More example sentences
- However, all these semantics were soon forgotten when the largest steamer of mussels arrived, complete with another bowl for the shells and a finger bowl (for my greasy fingers from the butter pat).
- In spite of my most skilful wielding of cutlery, I had to have recourse to the finger bowl that had been brought along with the main course.
- Serve with lemon and black pepper and fresh bread and a finger bowl!
More definitions of finger bowlDefinition of finger bowl in:
- The US English dictionary