- 1An entertainer who appears to eat fire.More example sentences
- The people running the event were cheerful and friendly and they'd laid on fire-eaters and drummers to entertain us.
- Guests can enjoy nine bars and entertainment that includes live performances by acrobatic dancers and fire-eaters.
- For entertainment, there were Morris Dancers, fire-eaters, jugglers and an open air Carol concert accompanied by a brass band.
- 2 • dated A person prone to quarrelling or fighting.More example sentences
- Whether we know it or not, the former fire-eater is now not just Ireland's best known actor, he's one of its biggest fans.
- It is essential that we take no drastic actions that would please our own fire-eaters but would drive foreign states into the arms of the terrorists.
- The point is that the president is getting a team together of young fire-eaters that can work sixteen hour days up to and through the election.
More definitions of fire-eaterDefinition of fire-eater in:
- The US English dictionary