Definition of firelight in English:
Light from a fire in a fireplace: the room was lit only by firelight
More example sentences
- Sitting in the rosy glow of candle and firelight we thought it looked rather romantic.
- The flickering firelight lit them all in its tumbling glow.
- The whole city would be lit by firelight and fireworks instead of moonlight.
- Example sentences
- The colours of the hills are sensational, the skies glint in a shifting palette of smeary lights; the seas are boisterous and thrilling, the pubs cosy and firelit.
- A glimmer in the distance gradually took shape to reveal our final, firelit banquet - upon an island.
- A few small panes betray high bookshelves in a firelit room, a woman sweeping floors, a glimpse of some unknowing boy at work at evening chores.
Definition of firelight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan