Definition of first aid in English:
Help given to a sick or injured person until full medical treatment is available: [as modifier]: a first-aid kit
More example sentences
- Keep medications, water, snacks, maps, an emergency kit and first-aid supplies in the vehicle.
- Similar boxes are available from first-aid kit suppliers, and would work fine.
- I keep it in my first-aid kit and medicine chest; it is harmless and could help in many stressful situations.
- Example sentences
- They will work alongside six GPs, three nurses and more than 60 St John Ambulance first-aiders at seven first aid points.
- It may be a useful refresher for recently-trained first-aiders.
- The first-aider in that situation can help to perhaps calm down the situation, to remove people from the situation, to get rid of different stimuli, to learn body stance, what to say, what not to say, to try and de-escalate the situation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.