Definition of fisheye in English:
1 (also fisheye lens) A very wide-angle lens with a field of vision covering up to 180°, the scale being reduced towards the edges.
- Camera two would employ a fisheye lens with a 170 degree view.
- The documentary showcases cast interview clips shot in extreme closeup through a fisheye lens.
- The use of a fisheye lens briefly creates a fishbowl world as the father balances his daughter on his shoulders as they walk along the railroad tracks.
2US informal A suspicious or unfriendly look: Wally gave him the fisheye
More example sentences
- Scott gave us both a fisheye.
- The Boss passes over a page of paper and I give it the old fisheye.
Definition of fisheye in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.