- Any of a number of trees with brilliant red flowers, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● an Australian bottle tree (Brachychiton acerifolius, family Sterculiaceae). ● another term for flamboyant2
- A dozen native trees will be saved, including melaleucas, coolamons, conifers, a flame tree and a lilly pilly.
- We had a huge flame tree in the front yard, and the mechanic's pit in the garage had been converted into a bomb shelter, covered by corrugated metal roofing.
- There were two lounges, a desk, a large orange coloured bed and a potted Mizami flame tree in a corner.
More definitions of flame treeDefinition of flame tree in:
- The US English dictionary