- An electronic device which alters a sound signal by introducing a cyclically varying phase shift into one of two identical copies of the signal and recombining them, used especially in popular music to alter the sound of an instrument.More example sentences
- I can never walk past one without stopping to gaze through the window at the rows of guitars and brightly coloured effects pedals - those enticing electronic rainbows of flangers, overdrives and delays.
- So my simple synth line is now crammed with compressors, flangers and distortion modules, all without it sounding the way I want it to.
- All sounds good to us (we've always been suckers for phasers, flangers and clones…).
More definitions of flangerDefinition of flanger in:
- The US English dictionary