- (In the 1920s) a fashionable young woman intent on enjoying herself and flouting conventional standards of behaviour.More example sentences
- You then read other letters and you find out he's surrounded by bright young things, flappers.
- The book contains fascinating chapters on young militants, flappers and bohemian aesthetes, and on street life.
- Was Ruth a modern woman, a young flapper, or a traditional housewife and mother?
More definitions of flapperDefinition of flapper in:
- The US English dictionary