- 1A high-voltage electric short circuit made through the air between exposed conductors.More example sentences
- The insulator structure may reduce the occurrence of flashovers to and from the gate lines and emitters when the field emitter device is used in a display.
- In an instant, an avalanche of electrons is rolling over the surface in a catastrophic flashover.
- Section 232 requires workers to wear flame resistant outerwear if they could be exposed to a flash fire or electrical equipment flashover.
- 2An instance of a fire spreading very rapidly through the air because of intense heat.More example sentences
- Minutes after they escaped, there was a fire flashover and the whole building went up in flames.
- They were faced with the possibility of a flashover as the fire, in a matter of minutes, progressed to a stage where it was producing copious amounts of thick smoke.
- In as little as three minutes, a small fire can erupt into flashover.
More definitions of flashoverDefinition of flashover in:
- The US English dictionary