noun[mass noun] (also flatlands)
- Land with no hills, valleys, or mountains: the flatlands of Lincolnshire [count noun]: a sandy flatland dotted with marshesMore example sentences
- It subsumes mountain ranges, valleys and flatlands at an elevation range of more than 6,000 feet.
- After exploring gentle mountain slopes, taiga flatland and highland barrens, we suddenly reached the plateau's edge.
- The fertile valley, surrounded by desert mountains, ends in flatlands and on to the sea.
More definitions of flatlandDefinition of flatland in:
- The US English dictionary