Definition of flaxen in English:
1Made of flax.
- While chewing on a particularly unforgiving piece of unidentifiable meat, I noticed some men and women wearing unsophisticated flaxen clothes roughly push a woman towards the common.
- Drawing three arrows, Eragil stuck two into the ground before notching the final onto her bowstring, then pulling back slightly to test the strain on the flaxen string.
1.1 literary (Especially of hair) of the pale yellow colour of dressed flax.
- In that white dress, with that flaxen hair and those blue eyes, she looks as if she's descended straight from heaven.
- He had an unruly shock of flaxen hair, lighter than the colour of wheat, and huge, sparkling eyes.
- The voice belonged to a tall knight, dressed all in armor, with dark skin and flaxen hair.
Definition of flaxen in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia