- 1(Of a young bird) having wing feathers that are large enough for flight; able to fly: a recently fledged birdMore example sentences
- Banding usually takes place during July-September (most bandings in this study occurred during August), and both young, fledged birds and adults are banded by capturing birds in bait traps.
- Near one of the lakes I saw 8 pied kingfishers perched on the top of a date palm, it may have been the parent birds with their recently fledged young.
- Fledging success (proportion of hatchlings that resulted in fledged young) was considered as a partial measure of reproductive success.
More definitions of fledgedDefinition of fledged in:
- The US English dictionary