Definition of fleeting in English:
Lasting for a very short time: for a fleeting moment I saw the face of a boy
More example sentences
- Her heavy lids hid her eyes so well that they were seen only momentarily, like the fleeting glimpse of water in a deep well.
- Those joyful and fleeting moments in the streets give us a brief glimpse of what our worlds could be like.
- And for that brief, fleeting moment, it almost didn't seem so bad.
- Example sentences
- There were writers I'd never heard of, proving the fleetingness of fame.
- In the late fifties, for example, making art designed to live only in the present could embody a radical faith in fleetingness.
- A lot of my songs are about death and the fleetingness of life.
Words that rhyme with fleetingbeating, greeting, Keating, meeting, self-defeating, sweeting
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan