Lasting for a very short time: for a fleeting moment I saw the face of a boy
More example sentences
- Her heavy lids hid her eyes so well that they were seen only momentarily, like the fleeting glimpse of water in a deep well.
- Those joyful and fleeting moments in the streets give us a brief glimpse of what our worlds could be like.
- And for that brief, fleeting moment, it almost didn't seem so bad.
brief, transient, short-lived, short, momentary, sudden, cursory, transitory, ephemeral, fugitive, evanescent, fading, vanishing, flying, fly-by-night, passing, flitting, here today and gone tomorrow, temporary, impermanent, short-term, rapid, quick, swift, rushed
- Example sentences
- There were writers I'd never heard of, proving the fleetingness of fame.
- In the late fifties, for example, making art designed to live only in the present could embody a radical faith in fleetingness.
- A lot of my songs are about death and the fleetingness of life.
Words that rhyme with fleetingbeating, greeting, Keating, meeting, self-defeating, sweeting
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: fleet|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.