Definition of fleshly in English:
adjective (fleshlier, fleshliest)
1Relating to human desire or bodily appetites; sensual: fleshly pleasures
More example sentences
- Christianity had a deep animus against bodily or fleshly pleasures, seeing these as corrupt and sinful consequences of our fallen state.
- Shortly before I met you I was this cold-blooded animal engulfed in murder and fleshly desires.
- Introduce it to an enemy position and they'd find themselves overcome with fleshly desires.
2Having an actual physical presence.
- In Moon in a Tree, ‘being’ is both phantom and fleshly, fantasized and actual.
- He clarifies what he means by asserting that in the New Testament the word ‘flesh’ refers simply to our physical fleshly body, and not our sinful nature.
- The problem is not with the physical, fleshly nature of our being.
Words that rhyme with fleshlyheavenly • wetly • directly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.