- 1An old-fashioned type of gun fired by a spark from a flint.More example sentences
- From the other side of the duck pond, Pete draws his flintlock and fires at the boat.
- This system of firearms ignition replaced the flintlock in the early 19th century.
- His interest in the historical development of firearms motivated him to study, shoot and collect nearly every type of firearm from flintlocks to full-autos.
- 1.1The lock on a flintlock gun.More example sentences
- Muskets spanned the transition from matchlock, through wheel lock and flintlock, to percussion.
- Side plates are decorative additions placed on the lateral margins of flintlock muskets opposite the lock plate.
- It tossed a foot-long wooden truncheon onto a table beside a flintlock pistol and flopped down into a chair, snarling all the while.
More definitions of flintlockDefinition of flintlock in:
- The US English dictionary