Definition of flippant in English:
Not showing a serious or respectful attitude: a flippant remark
More example sentences
- My boss was very supportive and saw the same flippant attitude I did when she spoke to them.
- In the end the flippant attitude to the lack of car parking will have disastrous consequences for businesses in Skipton.
- Behind the flippant name hides a serious message about religious ignorance.
- Example sentences
- Her voice taunted him in mock arrogance, but he could tell from the hint of darkness under her eyes that though she meant it flippantly, she was very tired.
- Chris replied flippantly, though his smile was unmistakable.
- Technically, they speak of a purism which redefines the areas of documentary photography in which they may be flippantly or carelessly bracketed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan