- 1A floating hotel, especially a boat used as a hotel.More example sentences
- Nothing is known of the plans for the disposal of waste and sewage; neither of those to deal with the inevitable oil, grease and other forms of pollution resulting from the operation of the boats, barges and floatels.
- Those who took part in the survey voted two to one against the proposals to berth the so-called floatel alongside the Northern pier.
- To allow the dumping vessel access up to the platform both at Everest and Lomond it will be necessary to lower one or two of the anchor wires of the respective flotels.
- 1.1An accommodation vessel for workers on an offshore oil rig.More example sentences
- The skies over the floating accommodation platform, known as a floatel, were buzzing with fourteen circling rescue helicopters from oil supply companies, HM Coastguard, the Navy and RAF.
- Built as an oil rig and then, at the last minute, changed into a floatel, the platform is a floating hotel for people working out to sea on oil and gas fields.
More definitions of floatelDefinition of floatel in:
- The US English dictionary