- A debt which is repayable in the short term. Compare with funded debt.More example sentences
- His Missouri Pacific Railroad effectively controlled the Texas & Pacific by means of an operating contract and the provision of floating debt.
- The worst US government budget deficits took place in the early 1990s, when 20 percent of the budget was taken care of by floating debt.
- The advantage of floating debt is that there is a chance to benefit from reductions in interest rates.
More definitions of floating debtDefinition of floating debt in:
- The US English dictionary