(also flowers of sulfur)
noun[treated as singular] Chemistry
- A fine yellow powdered form of sulphur produced by sublimation.More example sentences
- Cut off and burn the diseased stems, lift the bulbs, place them in a large paper bag containing flowers of sulphur, give a good shaking to work the sulphur well into the scales and then replant in a fresh site.
- Flowers of sulphur is the sublimed substance from purification by distillation.
- No one at the garden centers seem to have flowers of sulphur.
More definitions of flowers of sulphurDefinition of flowers of sulphur in:
- The US English dictionary