- Shine or glow brightly due to fluorescence: the molecules fluoresce when excited by ultraviolet radiationMore example sentences
- QDs luminesce rather than fluoresce; they are brighter and more stable than organic fluorphores; and they have narrower emission peaks.
- Existing imaging techniques use natural molecules that fluoresce, such as organic dyes and proteins that are found in jellyfish and fireflies.
- The crystals fluoresce and phosphoresce a weak pale yellowish-green in ultraviolet radiation.
late 19th century: back-formation from fluorescence.
More definitions of fluoresceDefinition of fluoresce in:
- The US English dictionary