Definition of fluoridate in English:
Add traces of fluorides to (something): (as adjective fluoridated) fluoridated toothpaste
More example sentences
- When water is fluoridated, chemicals that release fluoride are added to the water.
- Toothpastes may contain ‘stannous fluoride,’ and municipal water supplies are often fluoridated.
- You should also supervise your young child's toothbrushing sessions to make sure that he doesn't swallow toothpaste or other fluoridated products.
- Example sentences
- In addition to fluoridation of water supplies, toothpaste and mouthwash also contain added fluoride.
- Fluoride used in water fluoridation is a poison, a toxic by-product of the fertiliser industry.
- In 35 years of fluoridation no Irish Government has ever established our total daily fluoride intake from all sources.
Pronunciation: /flʊərɪˈdeɪʃ(ə)n/ /flɔːrɪˈdeɪʃ(ə)n/noun
1940s: back-formation from earlier fluoridation.
Definition of fluoridate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.