- Of, found in, or produced by a river: fluviatile sedimentsMore example sentences
- Second, reconstruction of some of the sediments as deposited by fluviatile action suggests that fluvial transport affected the assemblages.
- The Fossil Bluff Group consists of fossiliferous, shallow marine to sub-aerial fluviatile sandstones and conglomerates of probable fore-arc origin.
- Recent analyses that have shown that detrital zircons can be transported considerable distances in fluviatile environments, implying laterally extensive drainage systems.
late 16th century: from French, from Latin fluviatilis, from fluviatus 'moistened', from fluvius 'river'.
More definitions of fluviatileDefinition of fluviatile in:
- The US English dictionary