1chiefly British A bridge carrying one railway line or road over another.
- The MSRDC bonds were issued in order to fund the Mumbai-Pune expressway, the Mumbai flyover and railway overbridges in Maharashtra.
- This includes roads, flyovers, road overbridges/underbridges and subways.
- ELECTRIFYING AND doubling the existing railway lines, building flyovers and subways in strategic locations, and wider roads could be a better solution.
2North American A low flight by one or more aircraft over a specific location.
- I lived next to a U.S. Air Force base in north Georgia for two years and have seen many night flyovers with afterburners.
- We've done a number of flyovers with helicopters and will continue to do that.
- A man in a blue FEMA windbreaker arrived to brief them on his helicopter flyover of the city.
2.1 another term for fly-past.
- For naval aircraft enthusiasts, four of the five Corsairs at Duxford got into the air for formation flyovers and individual passes.
- The military will be providing traditions, such as a 21-gun salute and a flyover of FA - 18 aircraft.
- Saturday's memorial featured a flyover by World War II airplanes, music, speeches and a wreath presentation.
Definition of flyover in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.